Lake Catholic had plenty of good performances at the Avon Lake Invitational on a windy Saturday on the last day of March. Overall the boys took 4th place and the girls 9th in a crowded field. Here are the top 3 finishers from Lake:
- Del'Mario continued his success from indoor with three 1st place finishes. He was far and away the winner in the 100M, the 200M and the Long Jump.
- Chloe Keating finished 1st in the 400M and 3rd (by 0.001 sec) in the 100M.
- Matt Kirchner finished 3rd in the 800M and 2nd in the 1600M.
- Alex Hansel finished 3rd in the 1600M.
Here is a list of all of the performances:
- Chloe Keating third 12.92 in the hundred meter
- Boys 4x800M 6th with 9:09.68 - Hansel, Demitro, Hudik, Mohr
- Del'Mario Hairston 1st 100m 11.22
- Boys 4 x 200M 7th 1:40.35 Conley Severino, Hudik, Miller
- Boys 4 x 100M 8th 49.84 Conley, Morgan, Patriarca, Griffus
- Sam Hudik 9th in the 400m with 56.01
- Chloe Keating 1st in the 400m with 1:01.33
- Del'Mario Hairston 1st in LJ with 22’ 3”
- Matt Kirchner 3rd (2:08.71), Alex Mohr 7th (2:16.44) in the 800m
- Emma Petro 22 (3:00.00), Maisie Crowley 24 (3:27.24) in the 800m
- Del’Mario Hairston 1st (22.83) Kevin Conley 6th (24.73) in the 200m
- Alex Hansel 3rd (10:30.05), Gabriel Demitro 8th (10:45.48) in the 3200.
- Girls 4 x 400m 7th with 4:42.21 Grace Mohr, Chloe Keating, Kennedy Reiple, Emma Petro
- Sean Jones 8th in discus with 125’ 6”, Jeron Hall 20th 84’ 5”,
- John Evanik 21 27’ 05” shot
- Marshai Cooper 7th in shot 31’ 8”
For a list of videos, see this playlist
Picture of Del courtesy of Jen Forbus, morningjournal.com