The Lake Catholic boys track team went into the annual Dick Beeler Booster Invitational with the moniker of 3 peat champions. After several hours of intense competition, they squeaked out a narrow victory over Perry scoring 142 points to win their fourth championship in 4 years!
The boys team had an all-around strong showing in almost all the events in which they competed. Christian DeMitro was one of the leaders with a 1st place finishes in all his events. Individually he finished 1st in both the 800M, 1600M. He was also part of the 1st place winning 4x400M team with Sean Jones, Alex Mohr and Landyn Miller. His performance earned him an interview with the News-Herald. Watch for that later. Another strong performance was turned in by Matt Kirchner who took 1st in the 3200 and 2nd in the 1600M. The relays continue to be a good point generator for the Cougar boys team – all of them placing top 3 and 2 of them finishing 1st, the beforementioned 4x400M but also the 4x800M with Landyn Miller, Alex Mohr, Gabriel DeMitro and Alex Hansel. The 4x100M team of Griffus, Patriarca, Rieple, and Conley took 2nd while the 4x200 team of Rieple, Conley, Patriarca and Miller took 3rd. In field events, Cyncere Watkins also excelled again in High Jump taking 2nd place.
The girls were no slouches either, finishing 5th, good for a small team in a strong field. Chloe Keating again scored multiple points for the Cougar girls team, taking 1st in the 400M and 200M and 2nd in the 100M by the smallest of margins. Grace Mohr continues a good run in the 800M with 3rd place and Elaine Szep took 1st in Pole Vault.
Link to the videos
Link to the full results
Link to the post-meet pictures
Link to News-Herald Article.
Boys – 1st overall, 4 years straight!
- 100M Kevin Conley 4th, 11:67 and DJ Griffus 5th, 11:73
- 200M Kevin Conley 3rd, 23:68 and Nate Rieple 24.84
- 400M Landyn Miller 3rd, 54.01
- 800M Christian DeMitro 1st, 2:07.19 Alex Hansel, 3rd, 2:13.14
- 1600M Christian DeMitro 1st, 4:36.14 and Matt Kirchner 2nd, 4:38.28
- 3200M Matt Kirchner 1st, 10:22.72 and Gabe DeMitro 2nd, 10:32.49
- 4x100M DJ Griffus/Vincenzo Patriarca/Nate Rieple/Kevin Conley 2nd, 46.02
- 4x200M Nate Rieple/Kevin Conley/Vincenzo Patriarca/ Landyn Miller 3rd, 1:36.15
- 4x400M Christian DeMitro/Sean Jones/Alex Mohr/Landyn Miller 1st, 3:39.83
- 4x800M Landyn Miller/Alex Mohr/Gabriel DeMitro/Alex Hansel 1st, 8:37.00
- High Jump Cyncere Watkins 2nd, 6’
- Pole Vault Phil Kuhn 3rd, 9’ 6” (a PR!) and Sean Jones 4th, 9’ 6”
- Shot Carson McNellie 37’ 1”
- Discus Carson McNellie 7th, 116’-0”
Girls – 5th overall
- 100M Chloe Keating 2nd, 12.84 and Kennedy Rieple 8th, 13.90
- 200M Chloe Keating 1st, 27.13
- 400M Chloe Keating 1st, 1:01.80
- 800M Grace Mohr 3rd, 2:36.20 and Emma Petro 6th, 2:54.44
- 1600M Emma Petro 4th, 6:11.00
- 4x400M Chloe Keating/Grace Mohr/Kennedy Rieple/Emma Petro 4th, 4:33.45
- Pole Vault Elaine Szep 1st, 9’