Lake Catholic is bringing it to states this year. They are the only Division 1 boys team with competitors in each individual running event.
Jacob Keating will be competing in his third consecutive indoor state meet. He previously ran the 1600m in 2015 and 3200 in 2016.
Four Cougars will be making their indoor state meet debuts (Delmario Hairston, Kevin Conley, Mike Malchesky, and Dylan Hufgard).
Connor Duricky qualified in a whopping five events: 60m hurdles, 200m, 400m, 4x200 relay, and 4x400m relay. He is the top seed in the 60m hurdles.
Meanwhile, in his inaugural indoor track season, sophomore standout Delmario Hairston qualified in four events: the long jump, 400m, 4x200m relay, and 4x400m relay.
Here is the link to the meet schedule.
Here is the link to the heat sheets and live results.
Here are all of the qualifiers and their events:
- Long Jump: Del'Mario Hairston
- 4x200m Relay: Kevin Conley, Mike Malchesky, Dylan Hufgard, Josh Lazanich
- 60h/200m: Connor Duricky
- 60m: Kevin Conley
- 400m: Connor Duricky, Del'Mario Hairston
- 800m/1600/3200: Jacob Keating
- 4x40m Relay: Connor Duricky, Mike Malchesky, Josh Lazanich, Del'Mario Hairston
Good luck to all of the team!