Lake Catholic Track contingency planning in action: the Chardon meet gets cancelled? No Problem! Medina Relays here we come! Lake Catholic took a smaller contingent of players but still played mightily at the second Relays meet in a row, this one run at Kenneth Dukes Stadium in Medina, OH.
The boys finished 8th overall but had several standout performances. Jacob Keating pushed ahead of rival Joe Riordan from Solon to win the 3200M run in the last 100M. His 9:27.99 set a meet record! Connor Duricky finished .04 behind his 110M Hurdle rival Matt Peare (Hoover) to take 2nd place. The boys 4x400 team of Josh Lazanich, Mike Malchesky, Christian DeMitro & Connor Duricky took 3rd place with their 3:29.28, less than 2 seconds behind first place St. Ignatius. Other teams that scored points:
- The Distance Medley Relay (Dittoe, Malchesky, Lazanich, & Kirchner) took 5th place with an 11:11.47
- The High Jump relay team of Hale, Severino & Seifert finished in 6th place. Daymond's 5' 10" jump tied for 5th highest jump of the day).
- Alex Hansel finished with a PR of 4:51.91, only .17 behind the winner in the JV 1600M.
The girls finished 7th overall and had some outstanding performances of their own. The Discus relay of the Taraskas and Cooper took second place behind Silvija's throw of 103' 2", the longest throw of the day. The same team took 4th in the shotput giving them 12 points in the meet! Other teams that scored points on Saturday:
- The 4x100M relay team (Keating, Ward, Mullee & Taraska) finished 5th with a 55.20.
- The 4x800M relay team (Ward, Rojeck, Keating & Cvelbar) took 4th with their 10:56.56
To see videos from the meet, click here.
To see the Baum's results, click here.
For some pictures from the meet, click here.